Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pre-Exam Practice

We had to write an essay on our dream job, how college and this class is preparing us for this job, where we will be in 2025, 2050, and the teaching methods used in the class.
Listed below is my response to the Pre-Exam Practice.

Suzane Santiago
April 7, 2010
LW101- Pre-Exam Practice
My dream job is to become a lawyer. And this career requires a lot of discipline, sacrifice and hard-work. I feel that the University of Guam is preparing me for this career in ways that many people fail to notice. I have noticed that many of the General Education classes in the University prepare the students to become more versatile. Many of my previous professors encourages multi-tasking and being able to handle a lot of things at once and still succeeding or finishing the tasks properly and efficiently The teaching methods in this class is interesting and very different. Many students will agree that this course was the least they expected it to be. The academic sense is more of a self-pace, it is up to you if you want to read the Chapters. Now, if you don’t, it is really your lost as a student. You pay for this course and if you were to just attend all the class meetings and disregard the work, then it is really your time and your money that you are wasting. The lectures are enjoyable and appealing, especially the cases.
In the year 2025, about fifteen years from now I would like to see myself working as an attorney for the government court. I would like to work for the Attorney General of Guam or even in the Supreme or Superior Court. Also, in this year (2025), I would like to see myself as a well-known and established (professional), trusted individual. Perhaps, it is during this time where I have decided whether to run the candidacy of a senator. I’ll admit that I am frightened and afraid of the negative effects a politician must face prior to becoming elected, which is why I am still undecided on this challenge I would like to one day encounter.
In the year 2050, it would be nice to see myself still working as an attorney, perhaps in my own (personally owned) firm. Perhaps, training younger attorneys and still defending clients in the courtrooms. However, I would also, like to establish a name in my mother country, the Philippines. I want to serve as a role model for my fellow Filipinos and children of immigrants. And hopefully, by this time I would have fulfilled many of the goals I have set for myself, including running for the Presidency in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment